Each game for the 6-7- 8 yr. old will consist of 24 minutes (12 min. half’s), whereas all other ages will play 30 minute games (15 min. half’s). Halftime intermission will be 2-3 minutes. When required, the 1 st and 2 nd OT will be for 3 minutes (time permitting), the 3 rd OT is sudden death by foul shots. Each team gets five (5) 30 second timeouts a game. In OT each team gets 1 extra timeout. All scheduled play times are subject to change at the Commissioner’s discretion.
NOTE: Unused first half time outs DO NOT carry over to the second half, but 2 nd half timeouts carryover to OT. Additionally, during the scrimmage season the age groups 6 to 11 will be participating in a clinic format for the first 30 minutes and a short scrimmage game for the remainder of the time slot. All other ages will play a full scrimmage game to gauge and balance the teams.
All games will be played according to the Rules of “La Líga Del Barrío” as well as National Federation of High School rules. Team captains & coaches must meet center-court with the referees before the beginning of the game.
- Full court pressing will be allowed for all ages 12 and up at any point during a game. Full court presses for ages 6 to 11 will only be allowed in the last two minutes of the halves.
- Once a coach calls time out he/she can opt to advance the ball at half court at any point during the game.
- All games will be played with five players on each team. However, should one team have only 4 players present that team can avoid forfeiting the game by choosing to play with four players and the other team can chose to play with
Every team player present for their game must be given at least three (3) minutes of playing time per half (team moms from opposing teams will keep track of the 3 min per half rule). if not, the team will have four points deducted from their final score. this can obviously lead to a team losing the game. if the game ends in a tie, then sudden death overtime will be played.
- ANY TAKING HIS/HER JERSEY OFF BEFORE PLAY ENDS OR LEAVING THE BENCH WITHOUT A VALID REASON DURING ANY POINT OF THE GAME WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY EJECTED FROM THE GAME. The commissioners expect all coaches to enforce proper team discipline.
- Any player heard cursing before, during or after a game will be charged with a “technical foul,” and instructed to sit down for a “3-5- minute timeout” at either the start of their scheduled game or during the time their infraction occurred or immediately following the infraction. In addition to the infraction, the opposing team will shoot 2 free throws (there is no change in possession). A second 2016-2017 LLDB Rules Approved by: Director Raymond Alvarez Commissioners: Esther Alvarez, Jarry Adorno, Lillian Izzard & Luis A. Negron, Sr. Incident of cursing technical foul will result in the player being removed for the rest of the game, and the player will not play for 3 minutes of the first half of the following scheduled game.
- Any player ejected from the game by the referee must sit in the bleachers and remain quiet (If he does not comply, he’ll be suspended the following scheduled game). IN CASE A PLAYER HAS SUSTAINED SOME INJURY AND IS UNABLE TO PLAY, THE PLAYER MUST BE PRESENT AT THE DEVOTIONAL LINEUP TO COUNT TOWARDS THE PLAYOFF’S MINIMUM GAME REQUIREMENT. IF INJURY IS TOO SEVERE TO BE PRESENT HE/SHE WILL BE EXCUSED PROVIDED HE/SHE PRESENTS A DOCTOR'S NOTE.
- If a player is suspended, he/she must be present at the team’s next game for the suspension to be valid.
- PHYSICAL DISORDERLY CONDUCT If this situation occurs before, during or after the game, players will immediately be benched for the remainder of the game. The Commissioners will review the situation and decide on an appropriate suspension or dismissal from league. The disciplined player(s) must be present at their teams’ next game for the suspension to be valid. Any physical disorderly conduct, whether on the same team or opposite team, in and around the gym, will result in disciplinary action (e.g. pushing, hitting, punching, wrestling, etc…) and can lead to immediate dismissal from the league.
- OFFENSIVE TRASH TALKING If the game referee decides that trash talking is leading to any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct, players will receive a warning. If it happens again in the game the player will be removed from the game. The game will not count toward the 5 game playoff eligibility requirement for that player. NOTE: The Commissioners or Referees will stop the game if there is a Confrontation on the floor. The confrontational players will be told to sit down, relax and COOL OFF for a period of time (3-5 min or at the Commissioners/Referee’s discretion).
The final player rosters will be distributed a week prior to the first official game. Any additions to the team roster can only be made with the Commissioner's approval. NO changes can be made to the rosters after the 4th game of the season.
Director: Raymond Alvarez
Commissioners: Esther Alvarez, Jarry Adorno, Lillian Izzard & Luis A. Negron, Sr.